Thursday, October 25, 2007

Lattice Problem

I attached a lattice to the cube with no arms, and everything worked great.

After that I started working on my first shot, and found out everything was great only when the Cubie was positioned in the origin point (0, 0, 0).

This sucked.
The lattice seemed to move with the model, but no matter if I moved the parent group, ctlBody, or the model itself, the lattice effect was only according to the origin point. In fact, if I moved the lattice up, and then grabbed one of it's lower CV's, it would pull the surface as if I was moving one of it's upper CV's. So the lattice position did matter (too far from the origin and it wouldn't affect the surface at all), but in a really weird way!

Solution:
  • Delete the lattice.

  • Select the surface.

  • Delete by type -> Non deformer history (delete history would mess with all the previous rig and blend shape)

  • Create the lattice again.

  • Group the lattice to the parent control (ctlBody).

  • Everything works! The lattice even moves with the character :)


Quite simple ha? I've been messing with it for a whole day, for fuck's sake.
Pardon my French.

No comments: