Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Project 1: Code Name "Cubies"

This project started with the idea of this simple model:



I was thinking about using this model for my first project for the following reasons:

1. Its simplicity will obviously make it easier to focus on animating and rendering rather then modeling and rigging. It will also make it easier to change the character rig later in the process in case there is something wrong with it.

2. Using the arms as legs and the legs as arms is something I think will add originality to the project, because everybody are doing "regular" biped rigs and walk cycles.

3. As a first project, this character will allow me to focus on weight and attitude (heavy vs light, happy vs sad, etc) which are the basics of animating.
In a way, this project will be my "3 balls" exercise.


I will call this project "Cubies" until I find a better name.
I think it will feature 3 of these cute little characters.

No comments: