Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Some Background

So, who am I and why am I doing this?

My name is Yanir Kleiman, and I am 27 years old.
I have been a software developer for the past 10 years. I also have an MSc in computer science.

So how come I'm trying to create a showreel now?

Computer animation has been a dream for me for a long time, but it wasn't the only one. Somehow I lead my life fulfilling other dreams so far.

About 2.5 years ago, I decided I want to go for it, and took a Maya course. Maya is a 3D animation software, which is used today in some of the biggest studios to create both special effects in films such as "The Matrix" and pure animation films such as "Ice Age".

Shortly after I took the course, a friend of mine invited me to join a new-born startup company, and I decided to postpone the animation dream for another, took the opportunity and started working in that startup.
Unfortunately that didn't leave me much time put some serious work to my animation projects, which is why today I don't feel I really got better knowledge of Maya and the profession than I had two years ago when I just finished the course I took.

So about a month ago, I quit my job and dedicated myself to this career change.
I am hopeful this will be the first step on my way to fulfill this dream.

Currently I am working from home to create a showreel. When I have something done I will decide whether I'm going to go to school or look for a job in the industry.

Good luck to me :)

No comments: